Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12th or equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main). The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
About 1,50,000 top candidates based on the performance of JEE (Main), (Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech.)) (including all categories) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years irrespective of whether or not he/she passed the Qualifying Examination.
Date of Examination
- Offline(Pen & Paper Based Examination)
- week of April (In 2014, Chennai was not the center for Pen & Paper based Examination)
- Online (Computer Based Examination)
- 2nd week - 3rd week of April (A candidate need to choose his/her exam date)
- Online submission of application on website www.jeemain.nic.in
- 2nd week of November to 3rd week of December
- Date of Availability of Admit Card for JEE (Main) on Website
- 1st week of March onwards
- Declaration of JEE (Main) Paper-1 Score and top 1,50,000 candidates eligible for appearing in JEE (Advanced)
- 1st week of May
- Declaration of All India Rank JEE (Main) Paper - 1 & Paper - 2
- 1st week of July
Application Procedure for JEE (Main) & JEE(Advanced)
In order to appear in JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) , the candidates are required to apply only online The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression may be made at JEE (Main) website. The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, a Confirmation Page with Application No. shall be generated. Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for reference.